Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Julep Leah Wear Test

So when I created this blog I knew I wanted to start doing reviews of nail polish in addition to posting pictures of nail art. Reviews aren't anything special though, you can find multiple reviews of any nail polish you want, but you don't find many wear tests (at least I haven't). So in addition to doing reviews I will also post do wear tests, in order to show people how they will hold up.
I will admit that I probably should have done this for a bit longer, but I'm not one to keep the same nails for very long. My nails were painted on Monday night and I removed Leah on Friday night. My base coat was Sally Hansen Hard as Nails and my top coat was Julep Fast Dry Topcoat, and I did not reapply the top coat at all.

Day One (Tuesday)
Day Two (Wednesday)
Day Three (Thursday)
Here's my left thumb on day three
Day Three (right hand)
Day Four (Friday)

























































































































Overall I thought Leah held up nicely. There was tip wear and a few nicks (see left thumb and right index finger), but no chips. The tip wear probably would not have been so bad if I had remembered to wrap the polish. I think its also important to note that neither my base or top coat are advertised as chip resistant/long lasting. I'm also pretty tough on my nails, mostly due to theatre, which is not nail polish friendly in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment