Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Water Marbling Success!


I successfully water marbled! Generally when I go to water marble it goes something like “I’m going to water marble and it’s gonna work and it will turn out beautiful like all of the pictures I see and my colors will all look nice and everything will be amazing!” and then two minutes later it’s “Aw screw it water marbling sucks I hate it why did I think this would be a good idea I’m done.” 
This time I was determined though! Unfortunately my original color combo didn’t work out even though it was perfect, but after playing around with it for a bit I came up with these three and after that it was super easy (because I just did the same design over and over!). 
























No idea why my ring finger is green instead of yellow. I get that the blue and yellow mixed but I don't know why on this finger and none of the others. It's not as obvious in the photos but in person it's clearly very green. 
So I kinda suck at blogger and I usually just copy whatever I wrote from tumblr on here (sorry, lazy) but for the first time in a long while I'm writing more here! Mainly because I want to talk about things I learned with water marbling (which isn't much) and tumblr isn't the place for a lot of words.
So.
Okay so my original color combo was China Glaze High Hopes, China Glaze Electric Pineapple, and SInful Colors Dream On. In the bottles they all looked really amazing together. It didn't work out, and I'm actually kind of glad because in the bottle Electric Pineapple looks green but came out yellow in water marbling. They all spread at first but as I kept adding drops of polish they just did not want to spread. I figured if I just kept adding it would be fine. Nope. All the colors just mixed together. I figured out that it was Dream On that just blended with the other polishes instead of staying defined from the others. Then I swapped it for Sally Hansen Blue Me Away and that is what you see in the final result! So moral of the story, even if you find a polish that will spread nicely for water marbling, it may just want to mix with other polishes instead. I think it mainly mixed with High Hopes because you can see on my middle finger on the top picture that the line between High Hopes and Blue Me Away isn't as defined - the two started to mix. Thankfully it all turned out well in the end. :)

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job! I go through the same thought process whenever I think about water marbling. Except mine NEVER works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely done. The color combination is super cute!

    ReplyDelete